[Guide] Maid & Butler NA version

Share and study Mabinogi knowledge in the form of guides, advice, etc.
Soluna

[Guide] Maid & Butler NA version

Post by Soluna »

If you read here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=929&p=6212#p6212
You probably should forget all that because NA version is a completely different type of Maid/Butler, it can almost be call a different "Partner".

If you read here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1045
You are probably gonna disregard about half the details there.

This here, is the guide for the NA Version's Maid and Butler ( =3= great Nexon thanks for making me type again...).
The main point is to point out the base specification differences and how to worked around the UI of Maid/Butler because Mabi's UI is complicated and vague. I basically sliced this into 2 posts... first one here is about the differences and the second one is about the UI and how to raise your partner, so if you don't care what is different you can just skip to the 2nd post.

Differences Comparison:
Foreign Partner vs. NA Partner Summon Time:
180 minutes, inventory is 6x10. [Same]

Foreign Partner vs. NA Partner Summon Bonus:
+10 mana, +10 luck, +10 min dmg, +1 str, +1 crit, +5 int. (Foreign Maid)
+10 hp, +10 str, +10 luck, +5 int, +10 crit. (Foreign Butler)
+10 min dmg, +10 max dmg (NA Maid and Butler)
*Summon Bonus does not decrease because Partners will not age.

Foreign Partner Base Stat vs. NA Partner Base Stat:
Life: 120 Mana: 60 Stamina: 90 Str: 80 Int: 40 Dex: 40 Will: 70 Luk: 40 Def: 0 Pro: 2 (Foreign Butler)
Life: 100 Mana: 80 Stamina: 90 Str: 60 Int: 80 Dex: 60 Will: 50 Luk: 40 Def: 0 Pro: 2 (Foreign Maid)
Life: 350 Mana: 40 Stamina: 90 Str: 80 Int: 60 Dex: 60 Will: 60 Luk: 40 Def: 0 Pro: 2 (NA Butler)
Life: 300 Mana: 60 Stamina: 90 Str: 60 Int: 80 Dex: 60 Will: 60 Luk: 40 Def: 0 Pro: 2 (NA Maid)

Foreign Partner Skill vs. NA Partner Skill:
No comparison... Foreign Partner have all NA Partner Skill and following exclusive Skill ---
Final Hit, Sword Mastery, Blunt Mastery, Axe Mastery, Ice Spear (Foreign Butler-Only), Fireball (Foreign Maid-Only), Magic Mastery, Bolt Mastery.
In addition, Foreign Partner Skill can reach Rank 1 at level 200 excluding Ice Spear / Fireball (stays at Rank F), First Aid, and Rest whereas NA Partner can only get up to Rank 6 (Capped at level 57 for last skill).
*However, in Foreign Version Partner Ice Spear and Fireball skills are bugged and can't really be used.

Foreign Partner Shop vs. NA Partner Shop:
No comparison... Foreign Partner have more assorted items but those are normal NPC items for them and all the versions have variations e.g. TW version Maid doesn't have Phoenix Feather/Bandage etc... But in general, NA's shop is more lacking compare to others, particularly butlers.

Foreign Partner Accessories vs. NA Partner Accessories:
Require NX item to obtain Partner Only-Item - Foreign Only [So far anyway, ask Nexon if they will bring this as well]
Limited Outfit Choices for Partner to Equip - Foreign Only, NA can wear most human clothing with exception to Magical Clothing because they have "Age Restrictions".
Carriage and Broomstick - Foreign Only [So far anyway, ask Nexon if they will bring this as well] Different server also have different method of obtaining... TW put them in gachapon...
Partner Training Kit - Foreign Only [So far anyway, Nexon gave you useless kit in Partner Inventory...a question to ask they would be... Why?!]

That's... about it...the rest of the stuff are the similar ones... and the next part will cover more about the UI and the Favorite/Stress Affection System.
Soluna

Re: [Guide] Maid & Butler NA version

Post by Soluna »

Okay so... this part will be how to take care of your baby... Partners...

In general when you talk to your Partner you will be prompted with the main menu:

Start a Conversation--- You can talk with your partner like with the NPCs.

Grant Favor--- You can do a partner quest, there's various type like cook certain dishes for them, do a certain shadow mission, collect certain items, defeat certain enemies.
Here's an example:

Gift--- You can gift items to your partner OR ask them to give you gifts (Only happens at high favorite levels), both can be done once per real life day. When you choose to gift them a item you will also be prompted with the section of the item that goes to:
Right Hand is Weapon type items, Left Hand is Shield type items, and the rest should be self-explanatory.
*Partners can dual wield swords, simply gift 2 sword weapons through right hand.
**Make sure the item you are gifting is in the General Inventory tab or else it may not work, certain equipments cannot be gifted.

Order a Dish--- Have your partner cook you a dish with rank 1 cooking skills. Like normal cooking, you need to provide the ingredients and the ratios but the Partner will use their rank 1 skill to cook. This can be done once per real life day.

Trade--- open up Partner's shop for trade like NPC shops.

Repair--- Partner can repair clothing/accessory/magical equipments for you. 95% for clothing, 97% for accessory, 96% for magical equipments.
*Yes you do need to pay for repair fees.

Actions--- You can play certain actions with your partner. At beginning only Salute Gesture, but as you raise them the actions increases.

Disposition--- Favorite level and Stress level are indicated here. The higher the Favorite level the more bonuses your partner gives.

In addition to these basic commands, certain commands like [Salary] will show up at specific situations.

So... how do you raise the Favorite level and why raise it?
There are a couple of ways to raise the Favorite level:
Do the [Grant Favor] Partner Quest, this will give +2 Favorite and nice 50~200k exp to your character. This can be done once per real life day.
Give them gifts through [Gift] command, this will give +2 Favorite. This can be done once per real life day.
Receive gifts from them through [Gift] command and say you like the gift, this will give +0~2 Favorite, but can only be done at high favorite level and it is also once per real life day.
Pay them through the [Salary] command, this will give +2, +5, +10 Favorite depend on how much you pay, but this command is only available at Saturdays.
*You can also choose to not pay them, just don't click on the command on Saturdays.

And that's all the ways to raise the Favorite levels.

And of course there are situations their Favorite level will reduce:
Receive gifts from them through [Gift] command and say you don't like the gift, -10 Favorite level.
Receive gifts from them through [Gift] command and say you hate the gift, -100 Favorite level, but they may give you another better gift.
Hunger below 55%, -1~-3
Stress level becomes 100, -1~-3

Now... Stress points accumulates when you ask your partner to help you cook etc... to reduce it... it can be done through pay them or... the simplest way... feed them potions/food. This can be done through right click them and selecting the "feed pet" option. Or you can simply choose "chat off" and drag anything you want to feed them to give. Also note that chat off also turns off the main menu prompts so when you click them it doesn't start a conversation, it is very convenient when in combat.
*Make sure the potion/food heals the partner because if they are at full HP and you give them a HP potion it won't reduce their stress.

Favorite Level Bonus
Disposition > 10 = Action: Sit and Play
Disposition > 20 = Action: Dance
Disposition > 30 = Repair Rate + 1% for accessory (98%) / clothing (96%)
Disposition > 40 = Action: Cheer
Disposition > 50 = *Gift: Receiving Gift (Clumsy Maid Only)
Disposition > 60 = Action: Pray
Disposition > 70 = Gift: Receiving Gift (Non-Clumsy Maid Only)
Disposition > 80 = Repair Rate +1% for clothing (97%), Action: Pose, Double Gathering gained, Pose Change (Conceited Maid)
Disposition > 90 = No Change
Disposition > 100 = Action: Laugh
Disposition > 110 = No Change
Disposition > 120 = Action: Copy Nao
Disposition > 130 = Repair Rate +1% for clothing (98%), Pose Change
Disposition > 140 = No Change
Disposition > 150 = No Change
Disposition > 160 = No Change
Disposition > 170 = No Change
Disposition > 180 = Repair Rate +1% for clothing (99%), Pose Change, Gift:Surprise Gift Unlocked?
Disposition > 190 = No Change
Disposition > 200 = No Change
Disposition > 210 = No Change
Disposition > 220 = No Change
Disposition > 230 = No Change
Disposition > 240 = Menu: Propose Option Added.
Disposition > 250 = Triple Gathering gained (Random Occurrence)

Finally, a very important thing... Gifting/Cooking is once per Partner meaning switching you character won't allow you to raise their favorite level high quickly and Favorite Level/Stress Level is not shared across between player Character, so if you raised the Butler with Character A, you will not get the bonus with Character B. However, Grant Favor is One Type per Character, this means that if you have 2 Maid, you still can do only one Partner Quest, but if you have 1 Maid and 1 Butler you can do 2.

Some common FAQs:
1. How to raise partner level?
You level them like pets.

2. I thought you can only level them through quests?
It was "thought" to be the only way to level their "favorite".

3. So what are ways to quickly level your partners?
Fireball + Lizards... K.O. Field Bosses... Summon them when ever you train, just remember they don't age anyway.

4. Can I use partner inventory like pet inventory?
Yes

5. Can I gift them _____ to _____?
When in doubt... try it out ="=

6. How do I use the partner training kit?
Ask Nexon! o3o

7. When do we get carriage/broom?
Ask Nexon... x3x

8. When do we get the de-partner potions to get partner equipments back?
Ask... Nexon! =3=
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Out of curiosity, does raising their favor give them new conversations? What new actions will be unlocked?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Kenero wrote:Out of curiosity, does raising their favor give them new conversations? What new actions will be unlocked?
Err... I am not certain, I think it may... kinda like Spirit Weapon.

As for actions:
I know at 0 Favorite you only have "Salute", with 10+ I think you get "Sit and Play", the rest actions are "Dance", "Cheer Up", "Praying", "Boast Body", "Laugh", and "Appear like Nao".

And... their stance will change at high levels as well, Female have Portia, Lileas, Juliet... Male have Bassanio, Andras, and another... is based on personality. They also have different summon entrances depend on personality as well.

But... I can't confirm any of it will be like that because NA has the "Unique" version.

I suggest someone take a notepad and write a list of questions and have Nexon answer them =3=

*P.S. this is just the hypothesis, but every 10 favor points should unlock something.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

I have a few questions.
First of all, what if you click salary without even enough money to pay the minimum amount?
Does giving them food share a cooldown with giving them something else? If not, is their food cooldown still daily?
Is there a difference between giving them food from NPC chat or right clicking?
Didn't you say:
Soluna wrote:The funny thing is... they don't have outfit restrictions like other versions... but Nexon didn't release removal potion either... is that a trade off I see or... <_< they just hate removal potions?
Somebody claims to be unable to give their butler a Yukata Mini.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Pyro wrote: First of all, what if you click salary without even enough money to pay the minimum amount?
What happens when you buy something from NPC shop with not enough gold ="=? Yea... same thing. Nothing happens.
Pyro wrote: Does giving them food share a cooldown with giving them something else? If not, is their food cooldown still daily?
Is there a difference between giving them food from NPC chat or right clicking?
Yes there is a difference. If you done through conversation's "Gifting" it is considered a gift and gift action can only be done once per day. If you done through drag giving/feeding that's considered as "Feeding" that's not going to take away your "Gifting" option. The food option is there so you don't have to gift them items to clog inventory spaces (granted you can gift unwanted items then right-click and destroy them...) or get items back with depersonalized potion for partners (There's translation for it and the carriage/brooms ) but Nexon didn't release those yet either.
Pyro wrote: Somebody claims to be unable to give their butler a Yukata Mini.
I also said:
**Make sure the item you are gifting is in the General Inventory tab or else it may not work, certain equipments cannot be gifted.
Are you sure their item was in the General Inventory tab?
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Ya, they forgot to try in general. = -='
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Soluna wrote: *Make sure the potion/food heals the partner because if they are at full HP and you give them a HP potion it won't reduce their stress.
I've been gifting SP 10s without needing to lower my partner's stamina, and it always lowers their stress.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

nandattebayo wrote: I've been gifting SP 10s without needing to lower my partner's stamina, and it always lowers their stress.
That part is actually need a bit more testing because apparently stress reduce on its own some how...
I know that the minus stress appears, but it doesn't actually remove it sometimes.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Once you gift an umbrella to a maid... how do you get them to open it up?