Mabinogi is mediocre (Ninja talent update)

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Sky

Re: [JP] Ninja Talent unveiled (WIP)

Post by Sky »

Soluna [Bot] wrote:That's like 1 of the 5 person I met that I held some respect to.
Great, now time to guess the other 4.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Soluna [Bot] wrote:As for the story, I think pretty no one really cares anymore at this point... The fact I enjoyed the Japan manga on Mabinogi (Timeline is Before G1 and Ruairi haven't met up with Tarlach and Mari) more... just further my belief Mabinogi is not Mabinogi...
it really does look good.
if only someone would bother to translate it. it'l probably just fade away like that last mabi manga with nao in a school outfit.
[s]if only i wasn't too lazy to learn a language i was surrounded by for like 3 years of my youth in japan more like it zzz...[/s]

and yeah, solars pretty much spot on. they do a bare minimum and put too much focus on the combat.
and even then the combat is broken now. not even accounting for the poor ai design.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Armelle wrote: and even then the combat is broken now. not even accounting for the poor ai design.
Mabinogi has AI?
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Sky wrote:
Armelle wrote: and even then the combat is broken now. not even accounting for the poor ai design.
Mabinogi has AI?
exactly.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

AI! Remember when we had to plan which skill to use and where to move when fighting the Ciar golem? D: That was fun.

Totally agree with what you're saying, though for many people, this is more of a social platform than a game. A dress-up/cosplay simulator with a chatroom, [s]and a way to impress girls with your leet damage numbers for guys who can't impress girls IRL[/s].
Wise Bot wrote:Mabinogi without Morrighan and Cichol is not Mabinogi; Fried Rice without Rice is not Fried Rice, it is just Scrambled Eggs.
Wise words.

Still, I think this update is pretty cute. No, it won't improve the game's quality overall... but it gives those who like ninjas the new possibility of making such a character. I don't really see anything wrong with that inb4 pay NX to rank skills, Alchemist Hero talent skills style.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote: It'll probably just fade away like that last mabi manga with nao in a school outfit.
[s]if only i wasn't too lazy to learn a language i was surrounded by for like 3 years of my youth in japan more like it zzz...[/s]
OMG Staccto!!
Just have my butlyr translate it, he's learning it.
Sky wrote: Great, now time to guess the other 4.
Good luck guessing... though it should be easy for the Imps to name at least 1 for sure.
Yoorah wrote:AI! Remember when we had to plan which skill to use and where to move when fighting the Ciar golem?
Sure do, I clearly remember the plan was have Yoorah get knocked out first while we sit and watch.

And see? Samurai... outfits
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Re: Mabinogi is mediocre (Ninja talent update)

Post by ferghus »

I do not recall such a plan. :( But it may have happened.

Speaking of that... look what I've found:
mabinogi_2008_10_29_001.jpg :D
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote: mabinogi_2008_10_29_001.jpg :D
O wow... Left hand and Right hand in a same pic... I miss ma Soul...
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

The cries of hope have not been heard...
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

I would let the back accessories slide if they'd make a damn cape or mantle already.
god those wings are so faggy. like all of them. and i'm a massive faggot so.

weren't they guna spiff up dungeons like 20 times now but never did
or was that the dumb new peaca and fiodh stuff?