Mabinogi is mediocre (Ninja talent update)

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
nandattebayo

Re: Mabinogi is mediocre (Ninja talent update)

Post by nandattebayo »

Those wings look really dumb.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Because having just 1 pair of wings on your back at any given point isn't cool enough anymore. They went straight to 3 pairs; could have gone to two pairs first, to milk money off the suckers with that, and then go sell the 3 pairs to 'em again. Sarcastic comment, of course--I'm sure Nexon is quite competent at extracting money from the kids. [s]inb4 multi-coloured/glowing versions![/s]
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote:Because having just 1 pair of wings on your back at any given point isn't cool enough anymore. They went straight to 3 pairs; could have gone to two pairs first, to milk money off the suckers with that, and then go sell the 3 pairs to 'em again. Sarcastic comment, of course--I'm sure Nexon is quite competent at extracting money from the kids. [s]inb4 multi-coloured/glowing versions![/s]
You nub... 2 Wings has already been done:

Now is 6 Wings:

Next time it will be 8 Wings:

THEN they'll pull the twist on you and do 1 Winged:
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Soluna [Bot] wrote:THEN they'll pull the twist on you and do 1 Winged:
lol XD
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Yoorah wrote:Because having just 1 pair of wings on your back at any given point isn't cool enough anymore. They went straight to 3 pairs; could have gone to two pairs first, to milk money off the suckers with that, and then go sell the 3 pairs to 'em again. Sarcastic comment, of course--I'm sure Nexon is quite competent at extracting money from the kids. [s]inb4 multi-coloured/glowing versions![/s]
Seraphim have three pairs of wings, which is why they went to three.
http://www3.telus.net/public/kstam/temp ... acle-4.jpg
Now to wait for four Cherubim wings that cover up your body from all sides.
howdoilogin

Post by howdoilogin »

I hate the way this game has gone to complete crap. See, back in the day when the real players played, we had to run from town to town. I remember it being a status symbol to have all the moongates. Now all these noobs are coming in and moving from place to place without needing to even run to the edge of the map. It was supposed to be difficult to do simple tasks like walk from town to town, now they give every player a free horse AND eagle. Wtf man, that takes all the fun out of running across the empty wilderness.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

I don't recall collecting the moongates ever being a status symbol, lol. Giving every player a free horse and eagle is actually one of the better decisions Nexon has made for this game. Nice try with the trolling, though. :P
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

howdoilogin wrote:I remember it being a status symbol to have all the moongates.
you say this yet moongates of that era weren't like irias or the current ones, they had set locations they went to every night. No "collecting".

also you sound more like a nostalgia lord than someone who genuinely wants the game to improve. Probably trolling as Yoorah said.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Both sides are fun. Back then I had a lot of free time as student so I probably enjoyed that feature. Now I'm pretty busy I don't think I'd enjoy that feature as much. And back then, there weren't a lot of places so it was ok. Now there's tons of places to go to and I think it would indeed be better to have the easy transportation.
somecoolguy

Post by somecoolguy »

Somewhere sometime ago, someone told me a saying along the lines of, "A person with few belongings living in a hut is content, but a person with few belongings living in an empty mansion just highlights how little he has"

IRIA IS THAT YOU?
I wonder how old I am in game now