Puzzle Solving Tips

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Soluna

Puzzle Solving Tips

Post by Soluna »

So... so far I have seen 2 types of puzzles.

one type is it will give you a messed up name of the monster: "Qylb Kgjjgncbc" and a number code 105[] 933 1644 771.

How to solve it is that you need to rotate/shift the letters of "Qylb Kgjjgncbc" by a certain amount, and that amount is hinted with 105[] 933 1644 771.

So, in 105[] 933 1644 771, the [] stands for the number to substitute and the amount you need to rotate the words by.

In this example, the [] is 2 because 10=5x2, 9 =3x3, 16=4x4, 7=7x1. so 2 is the number to shift the letters by.

Now applying the shift:
Q > R > S
y > z > a
l > m > n
b > c > d

K > L > M
g > h > i
j > k > l
j > k > l
g > h > i
n > o > p
c > d > e
b > c > d
c > d > e

and finally we get the monster: Sand Millipede. Note that the number code is not always solve the same way, but the general type of solving idea is the same for these type of puzzle.

The second type is Elimination (very common in detective animes). Basically you will be give a weird text with a hint sentence, for example:
WGHHI
TOESC
OTYSO
ATREE
SPCOL
AOWKY

and the sentence Ghosts are spooky. To solve this, simply eliminate the words ghost's are spooky from the text and reveal the name of the monster!
WGHHI
TOESC
OTYSO
ATREE
SPCOL
AOWKY

Which is:
WHITECOYOTECLAW

There are more types, I haven't gotten them I'll added on when I see them.
Soluna

Re: Puzzle Solving Tips

Post by Soluna »

3rd Type of Message:

You will be given a string of code: H7D9E10C12D5C15D9 A3D9E8C15A4B5 E6B1E10B5 E9D9D5E8 and a poem.

Where a code is consist of an alphabet and a number i.e H7

alphabet denotes the number of line of the poem, A is line 1, B is line 2 etc... and the number deontes the number of letter in that line.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

For those who need help solve the week 2 puzzle:
http://choobs.org/number.php
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

For the 4th week of the event you need to collect 4 different cards to make a combination and you will receive a reward box. And the Puzzle master tells you that you have to make the combination with 4 type of cards: Jack Queen King and Spades

Now, there's 6 different reward box type grades ranking from:
C, B, A, S, SS, SSS

The catch is such that you have to use 1 card from each suit to make a combination and there is only 4 cards.
This limits the cards combination to:
Pair
Two Pair
Three Kind
Straight
Four Kind

And... that's only 5 types... so whats going on?

Well, that's because the Puzzle Master flat out lied when he told you there's only 4 kind of cards. There is a 5th card, the Joker card but it is very rare in drop (It is easy to distinguish because it is the only card that is not stackable). So, in order to make the 6th combination, which is the Royal Flush, you would need to use the Joker cards to bypass the 1 card from each suit slots to get the SSS grade reward.

Based on the SS grade which is the four kind, I got Blue upgrade stone and 9.35cm gem, the higher grade do give better rewards. Not sure what SSS gives bbecause I only have 1 Joker Card atm.