The Most Malicious/Genius Plan in Mabinogi

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
natsuame

Re: The Most Malicious/Genius Plan in Mabinogi

Post by natsuame »

Well, I've been a merchant in game since shops began. Its the one thing that keeps me playing to be honest, besides my awesome guildies. Quite an interesting story you told. Its a challenge to make a buck and a fun one at that. I personally don't feel that hacking, modding, duping or buying gold from bot sites are fair. The challenge is to make a buck (gold that is) without those shortcuts. I'll never have hundreds of millions, but I know that I worked hard and earned every gold I have in the bank.
Huynh

Re: The Most Malicious/Genius Plan in Mabinogi

Post by Huynh »

Soluna wrote:By default, all business should be malicious, since you are always taking advantage of someone/something. If you aren't, you are not a not cut out to be a businessman. Look at the perfect example like Ne... Never Mind.

Patchy is probably right, there's no way to distinguish between legit gold and duplicated gold, if you take 1 duped gold and put it into 49999 money bag legit gold, and start pulling out 1 by 1, I doubt the system can tell you which coin was the duped one...
Each item/stack has a unique id, that 49999 bag has 1 id, and when you take 1 gold from it, a new id is created for the gold that was separated from the stack. But in the case of duplicated gold 2 different stacks would have the same id, you actually can distinguish if something is duped by checking for an inventory of 2 exactly identical item ids. This helps very little though because when gold goes into a bank the unique id of it is destroyed and value of its stack just gets added to your bank, when the gold is withdrawn a new id is created for each stack and I highly doubt the gold seller traded the gold in money bags or individual 1k stacks.

I'd say this man lost money and time (17.6m) to the placebo effect all in attempt to trade what he thought was non-legit gold for legit gold. It's like the anime C, you can't see the tainted money in the economy unless you're directly involved.