[KR Testing] Spirit Alchemy Cylinders

Info about Mabinogi game updates from around the world.
meren

Re: [KR Testing] G15S4

Post by meren »

I heard they removed the wm invincibility frames again, is this true?

Sucks to be a pure melee player T_T Now the only way to deal with multiaggro is to buy more AOE stun pets.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

meren wrote:I heard they removed the wm invincibility frames again, is this true?

Sucks to be a pure melee player T_T Now the only way to deal with multiaggro is to buy more AOE stun pets.
They can't make up their minds either really *joking...

Currently on test yea, there's no invincibility frames. Although, I don't think people have to worry to much about this... because with the 10% reduction, you would stop losing mana with mana shield on as well so it really is like... 2 HP Bars. In general... cases where you use windmill invincible frame is really... rare? And most the time people need it is because they ARE in deadly...

No doubts there are some losses to this such as can't avoid fireballs or having trouble with some of the field bosses namely Giant Alligator and Neid (I believe all the other ones doesn't require the invincible frames). But there are ways around those as well if you fought the bosses enough. And other than that, the only time you are probably screwed would be you windmilling a defending monster (which you shouldn't...) or monster that circle you around alt, aka Bears.

I think is that people is getting used to the concept "I can't be hit" here with windmill is the problem because most of the time you ARE in deadly. Based on my err... experience on testing so far, windmill is pretty much still the same if not more powerful...

The core value of windmill is not really it's invincibility frames... that's just an added bonus. The core is the you can use it to control the enemy AI pattern to do what you needed to pull off your tricks.

However, I am disappointed that Tyrfing look a lot less appealing with such a change. I hope they add -HP potions...

*Golem users will benefit from this also...
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

I think the full story on the windmill thing was at first version when you knock enemy down they don't have knockdown meter and will get up and attack you right away, but in this second version changed the knockdown back.

I wasn't on testing when it was out so I am not sure that's what happened exactly.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

I often use windmill's invul frames for sm archer magnums, to give my pet enough time to reach it. If only mp pots didn't take away str in poison, I'd be fine with using MS to tank. Other than that though, no HP loss might actually be better, especially in DK disarm status.
meren

Post by meren »

Soluna wrote:I think the full story on the windmill thing was at first version when you knock enemy down they don't have knockdown meter and will get up and attack you right away, but in this second version changed the knockdown back.

I wasn't on testing when it was out so I am not sure that's what happened exactly.
I don't really understand...... does this mean the new windmill will stun the enemy longer than the current version? and how does the knockdown meter affect that?
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Recommend training Life Drain now while you can use windmill to lose hp. x)
Clarey

Post by Clarey »

I absolutely love the way they both look, the female especially.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

More Info: Sometimes the bandit boss you are hunting is not in the homestead hideout you went to. If that is the case, you will need to raid many homestead hideout until you find the right bandit boss you are raiding. =)
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Kenero wrote:Recommend training Life Drain now while you can use windmill to lose hp. x)
I don't think it is even worth ranking Life Drain anymore... It might be better just getting party heal master title instead...
meren wrote: I don't really understand...... does this mean the new windmill will stun the enemy longer than the current version? and how does the knockdown meter affect that?
Is the same as now but you can be attacked during spinning animation.
Pyro wrote: Do want, but how do you get these levels? Is one level how many players you bring to the server? And if so, when do you get these effects? When they reach lvl 30, when they play for a total of X times, etc.
Is a level system, depending on what your invited friend do, you gain exp.
Invite a friend - 100 Exp,
Friend total level reached to 100, 200, 300 - 50, 100, 100 Exp
Friend uses Premium Service - 30 Exp
Friend uses VIP Service - 60 Exp
Friend joins a Guild - 30 Exp
Friend joins your Guild - 70 Exp

How much exp per level is unknown.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

I'm assuming the beginner premium service isn't included in this. Sounds pretty easy though, just invite a bunch of "friends" (alts), put them in your guild, delete them from your guild, make new "friends".